On This Day in History Quilt for April 25.
On this day in 1947 President Harry S. Truman officially opened the first White House bowling alley. The two-lane alley was constructed in the West Wing with funding provided by a group of Truman’s fellow Missourians in honor of the president.
This “Bowling Quilt” was made by Anna Pozara of Roseville, Michigan for a local bowling club. Documented by the Michigan Quilt Project.
View this quilt on The Quilt Index to read more about it’s history, design and construction. Be sure to use the zoom tool for a detailed view.
Posted by Amy E. Milne
Executive Director, Quilt Alliance